Guide for a day
Join a group tour
Havana by Bike
Immerse yourself right into the local lifestyle and explore the narrow alleys where local fruit vendors, domino players, small markets and pedestrians mingle. Moving around Havana on a bicycle gives you the unique opportunity to smell, hear and interact with real life in the streets of Havana.
- Visit John Lennon Park and learn about the Cuban revolution and it's cultural policies
- Visit Catalina Lasa's house, a beautiful eclectic example of Art Deco design
- Visit the iconic Revolution Square
- Ride through Havana's Chinatown
- Pass by landmarks such as the Capitolio, Central Park, museums, famous bars, & Havana University
- Discover Old Havana, Central Havana, Vedado and a fabulous viewpoint overlooking the entire city
Service are OFAC compliant under the general license “Support for the Cuban people” 515.574
During this bike tour we will visit the three most outstanding suburbs of the city of Havana - Old Havana, Centro Havana, and Vedado. The most remarkable buildings of the city (and perhaps the country) are located in these suburbs.
The tour begins around Wilfred Lam Park where we will match you with your bike and helmet. At the nearby Lennon Park you will learn a little about the revolution's cultural policies and about the peculiar history of this park. We then head off towards a famous mansion of Vedado the setting of a beautiful love story that finds it's best expression in this elegant eclectic home. Next we ride uphill towards the main avenue, and then downhill to the Plaza of the Revolution. Here is where we make another stop to chat about history and the city. Now we cruise down into the bright, colourful, vibrant suburb of Central Havana where the ground become flat for easier riding. We traverse the narrow street of this suburb, where there is less traffic and a lot of locals going about their daily business. This area is a lot of fun for riders and something you definitely cannot experience in a car!
The next stop is Chinatown where we will have a short walk along the best remaining street of this area. Without further ado we head off towards the Capitolio, and Central Park where we can see the most impressive buildings of Havana. After a quick stop to see the tanks and aircraft at the Museum of the Revolution, we stop for a light traditional Cuban lunch. After your luchbreak (and perhaps even a sneaky Mojito or Daiquiri!) we move onwards toward the Malecon for some great views of the Havana skyline and across to the lighthouse and fortress on the opposite side of the bay.
Back on the bike we head to the Hamel's Alley, an artist project inspired by Cuban Santeria (religion) and one of the finest examples of street art in Havana. (everything here is made from recycled materials). The University of Havana comes into view as we tackle the next hill, this is the largest and oldest university in the country, and the place where Fidel Castro studied to become a lawyer. At this time we will come out into more heavily trafficked streets just for the last little stretch as we head back around to where we began - at Lennon Park.
This tour covers 17kms with a couple of steep hills, however the frequent stops allow you to stay relatively fresh. Who knows? It may even leave you with the desire to keep on riding to discover more of Havana's hidden secrets!
- Duration: 4 hours 30 min (including 1 hour lunch break)
- Meeting point: Wilfred Lam Park - Corner of 13th and 16th Streets, Vedado.
- Start time: 10:00 A.M.
- Availability: Tuesday to Saturday (Does not run on Jan 01 or Dec 25)
- Finish time: 2:30 P.M
- Finish point: Wilfred Lam Park - Corner of 13th and 16th Streets, Vedado.
- Language: English or Spanish
- Child policy: Child friendly for children over 12.
- Inclusions: Professional English-speaking guide, activities as noted, professional bike mechanic throughout, bike hire, helmet hire, water (please bring own bottle), lunch, 1 cocktail/mocktail.
- Exclusions: Transportation to and from tour meeting point, food and drinks not specified above, tips/gratuities.
- Requirements/recommendations: Please bring a bottle to be filled at the start of the tour, sunglasses, closed shoes, appropriate clothing, snack (if required), sun protection.
DESIGN YOUR OWN TOUR - if you want to design your own private tour for Havana with a set itinerary, contact our experienced operations personnel, and they will be happy to customize a day tour for you!
If you or your small group of friends want to have your own private tour guide on a set itinerary in Havana, these private Havana tours are your best choice. We also have a great deal of experience in catering for passengers on a cruise ship shore excursion. Prices vary depending on how many people in your group.