Guide for a day
Join a group tour
The Cigar Trail
This tour gives you the quintessential Cuban cigar experience from how cigars are made, to how to shop for and properly enjoy them!
- Tour a cigar factory with a specialist
- Visit a specialty cigar shop
- Visit the cigar museum in Old Havana
- Experience the Maridaje ceremony with a cigar sommelier
All service are OFAC compliant under the general license “Support for the Cuban people” 515.574
Cuban tobacco is known as some of the world’s finest and Cuban cigars (called puros) are legendary. This tour will show you how cigar experts create these famous puros that are favored by connoisseurs and celebrities worldwide. Your guide for this tour will be will be an English-speaking local who will take you on a journey learn about how Cuban cigars are made, the different brands, and how to best appreciate them.
The first stop is a cigar factory where you’ll tour with a specialty factory guide through the various areas of cigar production, from sorting to rolling to packaging. Here you’ll learn about the differences in how the various Cuban cigar brands are made.
From the factory we go to a cigar shop where the guide will give you advice on the best cigars for your taste and budget, and how to avoid common tourist traps. At the nearby cigar museum you'll experience a little of the history of cigar culture in Cuba. There are some iconic collectors items shown here related to cigar production in Cuba, including lithography and pipes from different periods.
Lastly, we’ll walk through Old Havana to the Artisan Palace to enjoy the perfect “marriage” of a Cuban cigar, a Cuban coffee and a Cuban rum in a very traditional ceremony called Maridaje.A Cuban cigar sommelier will show you the traditional way to light up a cigar with a cedar stick and lead you through the ritual of how to properly enjoy a puro.
Please note: A post-tour lunch with the guide is optional
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: Your guest accommodation
- Start time: 9:00 A.M.
- Availability: Tuesday to Friday (Does not run on Cuban public holidays)
- Finish point: Palacio de Artesania, Old Havana
- Finish Time: 12:00PM
- Language: English or Spanish
- Child policy: No travellers under the age of 18- children are not allowed in the cigar factory
- Inclusions:Professional English-speaking guide, pick up from accommodations, activities as noted, complimentary cigar, coffee and rum tasting (as part of the Maridaje ceremony)
- Exclusions:Transportation from finish point, food and drinks not specified above, tips/gratuities
- Further description:Experienced travel writers Mr & Mrs Romance took this tour and wrote about their experience here - What Really Happens on a Cuban Cigar Factory Tour
DESIGN YOUR OWN TOUR - if you want to design your own private tour for Havana with a set itinerary, contact our experienced operations personnel, and they will be happy to customize a day tour for you!
If you or your small group of friends want to have your own private tour guide on a set itinerary in Havana, these private Havana tours are your best choice. We also have a great deal of experience in catering for passengers on a cruise ship shore excursion. Prices vary depending on how many people in your group.